Our Little Fireface Project Nature Club (Klub Alam) in Cipaganti has been running since 2013. Twice weekly, students from the village and neighbouring schools come to Klub Alam in the school we helped to build called Mi-Alhidayah to join us in our nature-based curriculum.
Our programme’s goals are to:
1. Inspire a sense of joy and wonder in local children regarding nature and wildlife
2. Help children to learn more about their local ecology
3. Provide hands-on learning experiences within their own environment
Our current project focusses on Building Bridges for Slow Loris Conservation, where y children can learn which slow loris family lives on their land, the ecological role of slow lorises, and how they and their family can have a mutually beneficial relationship with slow lorises. Past curricula have included topics such as:
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
- Indonesia’s Unique Plants and Animals
- Whoop Troop: environmental education through storytelling
All of our materials are available for download for free here
For more information on our education programmes and to learn how you can help, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org